Friday, August 1, 2008

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme... a girls' night out

A bunch of my friends and I went to see "Mamma Mia" at the movie theater last night. It was tons of fun and afterwards some of us went to Sonic for ice-cream.

The movie was pretty good. I enjoyed all the cast but was a little weirded out listening to oo7 sing! He can sing but I expected to hear a different voice from him. A great chick flick with humor, silliness and one or two tears.
Oh, and a big hit if you like ABBA songs. If you don't then you shouldn't "take a chance"... run in the opposite direction...and don't waste your "money, money, money" :)

Sonic was a BLAST...get it?
We sat amidst the teenagers and kamikaze bugs in the mild humidity for about an hour; enjoying each others company without being interupted by our children, but I think we were making as much noise as the youth around us who were doing tricks on their bikes and huddling in groups around their cars.
Suddenly I found myself 30 going on 18, hanging out with my girls on a friday night (except England doesn't have anything like a Sonic Drive-In or jungle-like humidity).

So I say "viva womanhood, friendships old and new, summer nights, free time and good husbands who give as a break once in a while...thanks "Honey, Honey" I love ya ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous film, really loved it. A great couple of hours of entertainment. Thought all did such a good job - they must have had such fun filming it!! As you say, really weird to see 007 singing. Take care