Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Congratulations Mike


Hawaiian day before the opening.
A handful of Mike's employees pose for a picture. Mike is standing to the right of the woman in the front.




Mike is Store Director of the NEW Bed Bath & Beyond store in Council Bluffs, Iowa... Hooray :)


He was store director for a food chain called Bag N Save but since changing employers, Mike's had to work from the ground up again. It's taken two years of hard work and sacrifice to get here. Mike's spent the last month preparing the store for the Grand Opening on August 5th 2008.

He has a 30-40 minute commute across Omaha but we're happy for the step forward in Mike's career. I'm sure the drive isn't bad compared to others.

The only thing that make's me sad is.. I can't go and visit him at work as often as I used to :(


We've had many challenges in our lives this year including the passing of Mike's Grandmother and Grandfather but we recognize and are thankful for our many blessings. This promotion is one of those blessings.


Great job honey...Love Ya!

4 comments:

Joni said...

Congrats to you both! I remember you stressing a while back about what would happen in Mike's career. I'm glad you've had pleasing results.

Bev said...

I glad things are working out I know what it is like to be stressing over jobs. When I got got pregnant with both Harry and Sarah Mark got Made redundant, but things have a way of sorting themself out, So Hopefully you can rest a little easier now.
Have fun
Bev

Kris said...

That is so great! I love the "good things" when we have them. Savor the moment!

Maryanne said...

That is so exciting! I hope Mike is loving his new place :) (In fact, Brooke just ran out the door announcing that she is going over to B,B, and B!).