Friday, August 29, 2008

Amazing Day At The Zoo


Every year Mike's best friend and his family come to Omaha to visit. We usually go to the zoo and this year was no different...except for a couple of cool things we don't usually see.



The weather was great and the kids were behaving..double bonus.













This diver was pulling faces at the kids while cleaning the tank.
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water!




A mother peacock and her babies. They roam around freely at the zoo.
I thought for sure she would attack me.

This moth was hidden well against a tree. I almost missed it.
This giant butterfly first landed on my back and then went up my sleeve. It was beautiful but gave me the heebie- geebies.
Pretty.
As you can see, this spider is about the size of a cricket. I found one in the tall weeds behind our house (before it was developed). It was the size of a dinner plate..yikes!


Lunch at Culvers


What a bunch!
Another pretty butterfly.

Yummy...fruit.
Think i'll pass on this one.

















2 comments:

Bev said...

I love these photos, looks like you had a good time too.

Joni said...

Yuck - spiders. Yum - Culvers. And I miss the zoo.