Sunday, March 30, 2008

Testimony

Kaitlin, my 6 year old, shared her testimony in sacrament meeting today for the FIRST time. I need to explain to family and friends who aren't members of the church and who are reading this post... Once a month (on sundays) we have what is called a testimony meeting. Instead of listening to talks about a variety of gospel topics and principles we have the opportunity to stand in front of the other members of the church and share our testimony. Testimonies are as varied as you could think but almost always contain personal experiences about how the Lord has blessed or influenced the person sharing the testimony.
Back to the story..
It was simple and sweet. She said "I know the church is true, I know Jesus is true and I know the gospel is true". As a mother, I enjoy to watch my children growing strong in the church and in living the principles which Mike and I hold so dear. Kaitlin has always been a very kind and understanding girl and she's starting to become very confident in herself, who she is and what she believes in. What a great example she is to me.

I'd like to share my testimony...
I'm so grateful for my Savior and all that he has given me. He blesses me every day of my life and when some things are really hard for me to endure, I recognize more blessings, and they're a hundred fold.
I'm grateful for my children. It's a challenge raising children who will stand up and be a light to those around them;who love the gospel and live it everyday. It's my prayer that I can lead them in the right direction.
I'm thankful for wonderful friends and family who teach and support me. What a blessing it is to be surrounded by people who care about my well being. I'm thankful for my Husband who loves me and who understands who I am. He's my best friend and I love spending time with him.

I hope that you feel the Savior's love everyday and that you're also blessed beyond measure.

2 comments:

Maryanne said...

That is so wonderful, Karen. Isn't it just a great moment when your kids bear their little sweet testimonies? They are so simple, just like the gospel. You've come such a long way - from a non-member teenager growing up in England to a strong member of the church and beautiful woman/wife/mother who is teaching her children true principles.

Karen said...

Thanks Maryanne, that means alot :)