Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Homeowner Woes




Mike had to do his Hercules impression while I backed the cars out.


Here's what happened.....


This morning I opened the door and realized that the garage door was left open all night. That was pretty annoying so I grumbled and hit the button to close it, half way down it started to make a horrible banging sound and I looked up to see the door getting mangled. I quickly hit the button to stop it.


Oh boy...it didn't look good.


The handle to the shovel had gotten wedged between the track and the wall. It had stopped the door from coming down and unfortunately the motor kept running. It actually forced the track on the opposite side to bend and ripped the motor arm right off the door.


The worst part is our insurance deductable is $1000!!!!! We have someone from Overhead Door coming out for an estimate...but I won't hold my breath, I'm sure it'll be costly.


Looks like it might be a trip to Menards and a weekend DIY project in our near future. I hope we can fix it :(









This is where the motor should be attached.





3 comments:

Joni said...

Bummer! Good luck with the fix-it project.

Anne said...

I wish I could have seen Mike do his Hercules impression! Sorry you have to deal with that. That happened to us last spring. Good luck!

Kris said...

I love having a garage and a door, but have become best friends with the repairman...usually in the middle of winter and to the tune of several hundred dollars. sigh