Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sanity Saver aka Toddler Trap







Kaeleigh is quite the climber and at 16 months she can climb up the front of the oven and her high chair (standing triumphantly on the tray) but more recently she has discovered the art of crib escapes.

Mike and I heard banging coming from her room and then a loud thud followed by screaming. Kaeleigh had scaled the foot board (which is flat - it's attached to the changing table). Apparently she was stomping on top of the changing table and lost her balance ending up on the floor...she was fine. I on the other hand let out a long disgruntled groan at the realization that my life would officially be over now that she couldn't be safely contained.

Queue the sympathetic "uh huh" from moms around the world.


The next day I put Kaeleigh down for her morning nap, hoping she remembered her scarry fall. A short while later I went to check on Lil' Miss Houdini...

She was perched atop the changing table, talking to the birds out the window!

Oh Boy...I guess it's confirmed. The crib needs to be converted to the toddler bed and everything in the room will no longer be safe.

Now for the good news...

My best friend came to the rescue and brought me the "Crib Tent II" made by tots in mind.
Let me tell you, they deserve every penny for that wonderful idea!!
It's brilliant and I have my sanity back...for a short time anyway.
Thanks Karen you're the best :)






4 comments:

Maryanne said...

Ha ha - I love it! When John and his twin brother were babies their dad made a cage out of an old crib bottom (you know, what the mattress sits on - the metal wire thing). Then he attached it to the top of the crib. When they would put the babies in there, then they would fasten that over the top so that they couldn't get out. NO WAY they could get out! That one seems a bit dangerous to me! But apparently they survived it :o)

Bev said...

I love it!! If only I had had one for Harry. I like the netting all the way round because when he got bored of climbing over He just kicked the slats out and climbed through. but i think we knew from a very young age he was going to be trouble because he did it to the stairgate aswell, knocked out the slats that is.

Joni said...

What a great idea! I'll have to keep that one in mind.

Anne said...

I have to confess we had one of these too. We used it mostly to keep the cats out of the crib.