Monday, May 3, 2010

The Long Lost Author

Yep. That's me.

I have seriously neglected this blog. *hanging head in shame*

Life has taken me away but now I have returned. *outstretched arms*

Ok, enough theatrics :)

In all honesty you haven't missed much. My days have been thus... get up, take kids to school, stop toddler from destroying everything in sight (failing most of the time), keep up with household chores (failing miserably in the laundry dept.), pick-up kids from school, make dinner, go to work(night/graveyard shift), repeat...repeat....repeat.
I'm just trying to keep my head above water at this point.

Upcoming events in May:
School will be out in a few weeks and Kaitlin has a birthday this month. We'll enjoy a few days staying in a cabin at Mahoney State Park and doing recreational activities.

I just took the middle school tour with Braden this evening. He's very excited about being in an older school. I'm excited for a new chapter in his life.

----------flashback----------

I have fond memories of my middle school years which I spent in the Netherlands. At the time my parents we're in the Royal Air Force and we had been posted there for four years. I visited many different countries and cultures, learned to speak dutch, german and french, my classmates we're from 10 different nations, just to name a few experiences. You might say it was a unique and life changing time for me. I remain friends with all of my classmates to this day (20 years later), we have a bond that few people share.
*What a fantastic idea: Create an international school where children learn and grow by sharing and celebrating their differences. I can still sing the Japanese New Year song, word for word :)

When Kaitlin studied Anne Frank this year in school, I proudly told her that I have been inside the attic hideout. It was during a school field trip to Amsterdam after spending weeks learning about Anne and the persecution of the Jews.

--------fading out of flashback--------

Wow, sorry about that, i got carried away. I'm just feeling nostalgic.

SO...

My goal is to keep this blog updated. Check in on me from time to time.

Karen xx

Oh I almost forgot to tell you. I started another blog (my effort to become healthier). I enter logs about how things are going from day to day. I've been adding helpful information about foods and such while trying to stay inspired and committed to a better eating plan.

Stop by and see it anytime :)

www.123abetterme.blogspot.com or follow the link in the sidebar.

2 comments:

Bev said...

It's amazing how quicly life flies by,especially when it gets so monotonous.
thats why blogging is so good it gives us a chance to sit and reflect on recent events and achievements of the family!

teresa said...

Life passes so quickly and we often lose sight of the important things. the good things and the not so good, does it make us stronger?