Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Movie Review 5

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

I loved reading the book when I was a child. I prefer the original movie with Gene Wilder (Haunted Honeymoon, Young Frankenstein). It plays to my childhood memories and I have always loved the songs. The remake is unique to say the least. I think it's ok, very similar parts but obviously needed to have it's own identity. Johnny Depp is a bit wierd for me in this one but the kids liked it. Mike never cared for either movie which doesn't suprise me as he finds Tim Burton's films creepy.

Hart's War (blu-ray)

A law student becomes a lieutenant during World War II, is captured and asked to defend a black prisoner of war falsely accused of murder.
I don't like Colin Farrel (Alexander, The Recruit) very much but this one was good. This movie portrays war well and has an interesting twist at the end. I was left pondering the plot afterwards trying to make all the connections that the twist had affected. Definately a typical Bruce Willis (Die Hard, Sixth Sense) movie but I won't elaborate cause I don't want to ruin it for you.

The Rundown

A tough aspiring chef is hired to bring home a mobster's son from the Amazon but becomes involved in the fight against an oppressive town operator and the search for a legendary treasure.
We've liked this one from the get go. Dwayne(The Rock)Johnson (Walking Tall, The Gameplan)is so good at humor and action. Seann William Scott (Bulletproof Monk) is very funny. This is one of Mike's favs.

No comments: